Monday 8 June 2009

Update

So far, alot has been happening with Rave on Air and Contextual Studies. I've managed to finish the essay for contexual studies but I still need to prepare for the presentation. I have had feedback from the Formative Assesment which has been very useful in terms of what I need to achieve to gain a good grade. The Production Schedule is a key element for improvement and Ferhan and myself are going to spend Wednesday Cracking on with that. From the Formative Assesment I have learnt that I need to compare my work to the work of other 3D modellers and compositors in the industry. I'm going to look at Love Studio's who did the Renault advert where the car turns into a transformer. I think adverts in general and the post Production house's who make them are going to be my source of research. I need to put more 2D work and experiments on my blog as well.

The areas that are going well is the actual production of the project itself and the quality that we are producing is at a high standard. We are looking to finish this project with in the deadline given to us 19th June 2009. We tried our hardest to get the project finished for Rave on Air but came to a decision on Monday 25th June that it was not going to be feasable to finish the project to a high standard for the Quality Control. On the same week as the Quality Control, we had to hand in the PPD essay as well. The scheduling during this section of the project for myself was improvised slightly and had to change priority's between Rave on Air and PPD. I think our 30 second film would have been a Big Hit on Rave on Air but it wasn't going to happen in a short space of time.

Overall, setting up for Rave on Air was quite an "Eye opener" for me, especially with Dan Dalli's Show Reel Project. I was scavenging through every Maya scene that I had for a decent print to put up. I learnt that you have to change the dpi to at least 300 pixels in the render settings if you are printing out a render on A3 or higher. I have also learnt that Ii need to do some more modelling in my own time so that I have enough work for my final show reel next year. I'm looking into buying or *cogh*downloading*cogh* Zbrush or Mudbux as they are currently being used in the Gaming industry and could take my modelling to a new level. Dynamics and paint Effects really appeal to me and I thnak Ferhan for introducing me to them from VFX point of view.

At the moment we are have come across a problem with the Real Flow water. I got a text from Ferhan saying that it was impossible to add the water because of the scale of the fish tank. I replied back saying that I would be researching in ways to mimic water with lighting and paint effects. The Animating Stage of the process will be completly finished by Tomorrow 9th June where I will take a copy of the playblast and sync together the sound and music.

Presentation for Contextual is on Wednesday, so I'll be ready to take that on when it comes. As for now I'm Testing out Paint Effects bubbles with Particles and simulating water with lights. I messaged this Student on Youtube who has manged to successfully simulate surface water.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=isXNkTiiAYQ

Hope they reply back (fingers crossed).

No comments:

Post a Comment